The backwash filter system by ZeroB is effective in treating specific water problems like iron, chlorine, or other chemical contaminants. ZeroB’s backwash filter systems treat effectively the water that directly comes to your home. It is the best option to have a backwash filter at home. The water filters include a tank of filtering media through which water flows. As every home needs a clean water, backwash filters trap all the contaminants flowing in the pipes and allows clean and healthy water to flow.
The filters are large tank-style filters, they got their name from the filters which are clean and renew themselves by backwashing. The backwashing is done in reverse pattern like the water flows in backward positions so that it enters from the bottom of the filter bed, lifts and rinse the bed, and comes out through the top of the tank.
The filter bed is a rough constitution and called as the filter medium. Medium for filtration is abundant and diverse. The common media are granular carbon, sand, garnet, anthracite, zeolite, granular manganese dioxide, and greensand etc.
ZeroB’s backwash filter in India includes water treatment that comprises water purification and sewage treatment. It also includes the alternating use of compressed air during the process. The filters are operated by local programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in water treatment plants. The system also comprises rapid sand water filters, pressure filters, and granular activated carbon (GAC) filters. The filters have arrangements of pumps, valves, and filters connected with the filtration system.
Slow sand filters and self-cleaning screen filters engage mechanisms other than backwashing to remove stuck elements. To keep the water treatment filters working, they must be cleaned on regular basis to remove particles. Unproductive backwashing is the main reasons that water treatment filters fail.
- The filter is taken-down and the water is depleted to a level that is over the surface of the filter bed.
- Compressed air is pushed-up through the filter material causing the filter bed to enlarge breaking up the compacted filter and forcing the gathered elements into an interruption.
- After the air scrubs cycle, clean backwash water is enforced-up through the filter bed continuing the filter bed enlargement and carrying the particles in suspension into backwash channels excluded above the filter surface.
- Air and water streams are pushed-upwards through the rough way followed by a rinse water wash.
- At the conclusion of-the backwash cycle, the upward flow of water is concluded, and the filter bed relaxes by gravity into its first configuration.
- Water to be-filtered is then used to the filter surface until the filter blocks and the backwash cycle desires to be repeated.
Certain water treatment filters use surface wash systems that break up the heavily blocked, rough methods surface layer. Surface wash systems are suppressed in the top of the filter media or are suspended above the filter media surface. A permanent grid system of backwash filters has pipes with nozzles that inserts jets of water into the filter material during extension. Revolving arms use water jets to break up the congested filter surface and to rotate a movable arm through the filter material. A surface wash step in a backwash cycle takes place at the start of the filter bed cleaning process.
Backwash water is cleared without treatment to a clean sewer system or is treated and reprocessed within the plant. Recycled backwash water has high concentrations of particulate material. Normal treatment processes include coagulation, flocculation, and sedimentation. Backwash filters advance the backwash treatment process and cleanse the deprived water to make it for drinking.